Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Coolest Girl in Boston

A few months ago my favorite band WE ARE SCIENTISTS were playing a SOLD out show in boston. I did not have tickets, and cried. SO i went on Craiglist and asked for a ticket in exchange for me providing free haircut and highlight. nice trade right!!!! I got TWO responses. and I got TWO tickets!!!!! My luck i guess! So one girl never came in to get her hair done. One girl named MEERA did. She is a nursing student and couldnt go cause there was a late class that night.

Sunday night a band named CUT COPY was playing in boston. I got my tickets a few months ago and didnt know who they were playing with. My friend Katie told me she was coming up to boston to see the band MATT AND KIM on sunday night. I just ASSUMED it was a different show. but two days before the show we realized it was the same venue, so that was exciting. As i was getting my tickets at will call, again, my concert luck, some dude walked by and said, anyone need a ticket. I OF COURSE took it. I frantically texted a few friends that wanted to go. saying....I have a free ticket, come right now. NO one responded.

I needed to go into the show so i decided to play a really cool scavenger hunt game. I looked for a good place that i could easily describe. so i could hide the ticket outside the venue so when my friends received the text they could come get it.

MATT AND KIM played. then i thought to myself.....okay, if someones gonna take this ticket they better do it now before CUT COPY starts. SO i texted EVERYBODY that is into music. One of them was MEERA! Everyone was TOO TIRED, or TOO LAME to come. BUT MEERA responded, where is the ticket.

Directly accross from the entrance there is a large garage door, and a small garage door. at the small garage door on the right side between the metal frame and the brick the ticket is tucked in between near the bottom.

SHE CAME!!! SHE BOUGHT ME A DRINK!!!! SHE ENJOYED!!!!

I really admired someone who is practically a stranger taking a chance and risking the fact that she might not even find it, I admire that and i now think she is the coolest girl in all of Boston.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Very cool. You have such an exciting life...especially compared to swim lessons, piano practice, soccer, and leftovers!
Love the updates, Kurt. Thanks!